The halls are decked, the online Christmas shopping slots booked, and a much needed few days of rest are just around the corner… as too is the next decade! So what’s in-store for those of us in events in the next 12 months? Before we say toodle-oo to this year, we’ve had a look at the event and entertainment trends for 2020 and bring you some of our faves.
- WORK/LIFE BALANCE – The buzz word here is ‘bleisure’; adding leisure plans to your business events and including pre-or post-conference incentives to attend. Both employers and employees are seeing the value in this work/life balance. From choosing an appealing event destination to offering leisure activities to all guests, more than half of delegates would apparently bring family members with them on work-related trips if they could, says a recent study by Bridge Street Hospitality.
- HEALTHY LIVING – From mocktail mixologists to ‘build your own’ desserts. Guests are more aware than ever of how important lifestyle choices are. Campaigns such as Veganuary and Sober October, are becoming ever popular, so event offerings should reflect the growing trend. Be it a fruit carving platter, street food van or even mobile massage; flexibility to suit the individual is key.
- INTERACTIVE THEMES – A recent Microsoft Study reported that over the last 18 years, the average attention span has dropped from 12 seconds to just eight! So, to ensure guests are drawn into the action in double quick time, we are seeing a rise in the Virtual Reality and gaming trend. Where music is preferred, immersive music acts such as roaming bands and dualling piano acts will keep guests’ entertained.
- MUSIC FESTS – The number of corporate festivals continues to rise. Using a variety of music and entertainment acts throughout the day can increase employee engagement, offer some of that all-important ‘bleisure’ time with partners and family, and be tailored to suit your own theme or message.
- INSTA-WORTHY BACKDROPS – The vital ‘visual appeal’! From the venue, to the décor, to how photographic the entertainment act is. Create a personal and striking backdrop for people to snap for social media and further boost your profile.
- MAKE IT PERSONAL – Tailor entertainment to your corporate theme. Using branded acts such as Flamin’ Fun or offering a memento of the event with a digital caricaturist or face and body artist, will give your guests something truly personal to remember the event by.
- SUSTAINABILITY – Using local suppliers, ethically sourced food, a mindful waste program. Consider the environmental and social aspect at all levels, and keep in mind the influence and impact an event can have on its community.
- OFFBEAT VENUES – Spaces that you can put your own stamp on are becoming increasingly popular. Look at the space your venue has to offer, to create that wow factor for guests. Look at the architecture such as an aircraft hangar, or an outdoor space to be at one with nature. The big question nowadays is – is it worthy of an Instagram posting?
Lots of Love,
Ellevate Entertainment is an exclusive agency with a big heart, passionate about working with clients who are looking for high quality, live acts with the wow factor. We only recommend acts we know and trust to be outstanding, and we would love to share them with you in 2020 and beyond so contact us now to check availability.